Friday, January 30, 2009

Big Naps!



Something big is going on. Derek slept 4.5 hours in naps today! I think he is in the middle of another growth spurt.

Derek has been extra snuggly the last few days. He is also climbing or trying to climb everything: up on the couch, on chairs and the library, the fireplace hearth, and on smaller tables. Silly boy. He is also learning his boundaries. He will walk up to something that is a "no touch," wait to see me watch him, and then touch it. There is a battle of wills going on and so far Mommy is winning. He is trying to wear me down though. One day after repeating no touch 10 times in 15 minutes he finally gave up. Of course, he did cry each time with big crocodile tears running down his face. This tough love is hard! There are also the times he does something he knows is naughty and I am laughing so hard but I am trying to hide it from him. This boy is a riot.

3 comments:

tech said...

Derek looks great standing up so tall. He had grown a lot since I saw him. And can you ever take a picture of him where he is not smiling? Doesn't look like it. I bet he even smiles in his sleep.

Jessica Jordan said...

10 times in 15 minutes? That is NOTHING. We do it like 40 times in 3 minutes. Tyler thinks it is hilarious, but I just keep at it until he finally gets bored and leaves whatever it is alone. It is seriously wearing me down. I was JUST thinking that after about 50 times of "NO we SIT in bath" a few minutes ago. If I just pull him out he does not associate it as punishment, so I feel like in order to learn/battle the wills I just have to keep at it over and over and over. My I have a stubborn one on my hands. I guess it serves me right, or so my parents would likely say. I actually just had a talk with little tyler while I put on his jammies (as he arched and screamed as I pinned him down with my leg) and told him that his mommy is quite stubborn as well and the sooner he learns that, the happier we will all be. Man, we have hit toddler-dome with a vengeance. Pass the wine please, ha ha ha!!! :)

Jill Phillips said...

This boy must be taking after his Daddy ... his Mommy certainly wasn't like this as a child, right? =) I'm guessing your mom might delight in hearing about these stories! hee hee