Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The squirrel


Derek painted this paper in school this week- it says this is my yellow square. Mike came home and said it does look like a squirrel. I laughed thinking he was creating something out of the splotches. He said he wanted to take it to work. I thought ok- not very exciting but ok. It was only a few days later that I finally asked him why he thought it looked like a squirrel. Because he said.. the paper said this is my yellow squirrel. I laughed very very hard and told him to reread it again. Ahh my silly husband.

In other husband stories- Mike primarily gives Derek his bath each night. I also hang out with them. I usually am putting cups on Derek's head and saying Prince Derek. Mike on the other hand is using the bath to teach Derek the properties of water and fluid dynamics. I am learning a ton during bath time! Derek likes being a prince!

Derek is loving all things trucks, buses, and transportation these days. He loves to see them in real life and play with his smaller ones. He is also enjoying playing with his tool box (imitating daddy) and his kitchen stuff. All four eye teeth came in during the last 2 weeks as well. Above all else, he is about imitating Daddy and being just like him. It is all adorable.

3 comments:

tech said...

Mike, Time to go to the eye doctor. How about that Derek getting a mouth full of teeth! Pretty soon, pizza for Derek. Jen, hope you are feeling great.

Katy said...

I admit that I actually had to look really closely at that page to differentiate between squirrel and square.

imaya said...

It is the exclamation mark at the end, it looks like and L.