Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Derek's first pony ride



Derek and I had our Wednesday morning date. We wanted to enjoy the beautiful day so went back to the pumpkin farm. (After a visit to Whole Foods which D asks for every week). This is was our 3rd time there in 3 weeks. Each time I ask him if he wants to ride the pony. The last 2 times he has said no. Yet in typical D fashion, the 3rd time is the charm. It takes D several times to observe something before he is ready to participate. Today was the day for the pony ride. He picked his pony named Amigo and loved the whole thing. It is interesting how his brain works and how he needs to process things first. He is the same way with library time. The first few times he sits in my lap and won't leave it. After a few times going, he is ready to participate and jumps in.

Our Wednesday mornings together have been so special. I love the one-on-one time I have to focus on my boy. I think I have more fun than he does! He is a special little guy. We are enjoying watching his personality unfold and wonder what this boy of ours will be like in 10 years. He is a happy little dude.

2 comments:

Katy said...

That last picture totally looks like it's a professional shot for John Deere or for kids clothing. What a beautiful family; you guys take amazing pictures!

Jill Phillips said...

love it! super sweet!