I am learning that living with a baby is crazy. I like- even thrive- on routine. There is no routine-yet- with a newborn. Each day is a new and different experience- from the amount of sleep to feeding times and how long they last. I started to get disappointed when after sleeping in a big block of time one night, Derek catnapped the next night. I had expectations the second night which wasn't fair to him and only led to me being tired and crabby. Now I am excited with any blocks of time during the night. I have found some routines to help out- showers and doing laundry. Why is it that I feel like a functioning human being after doing a load of laundry? Letting go, letting the house stay dirty, and being ok with clutter is new for me. You just can't schedule and plan a baby's schedule. Yet there are huge rewards: the big blue eyes of a happy baby, his beautiful tiny hands and feet, and the realization that this little guy came from Mike and me. I wouldn't trade the exhaustion for anything. He is a HUGE answer to prayer and we are just enjoying him. Thanks God!
I will post more pics later. He is adorable (although I am a bit subjective). There may be a story later as Derek has his 2 week doctor's appointment. We shall see.
2 comments:
Jen,
You sound like a seasoned pro at this motherhood stuff! Enjoying life at the speed of Derek can be a huge hurdle ... you're a natural!
Love you!
Jilly
I feel like I could have written this entry myself, word for word! It is so nice to hear that my life is actually "normal" compared to other moms with newborns. It is so true how doing a load of laundry makes me feel like a real person ... especially when Tyler was first here. Things are starting to get a bit easier now that there has been some time for growing and learning (both for the baby & the parents). But still, looking back through your blog and reading this post made me smile because every thing you said is so true!
Post a Comment