It was with much sadness that we said goodbye to Grandma today. It was so nice to have her here for two weeks. We miss her already. The dogs have already started grieving her absence. I must be very boring to them.
Derek loves his new swing. Hopefully he will be happy in it while I cook dinner. It is a bit hard to get dinner ready while he is in my arms. I need to start cooking now. We had many weeks of meals from friends at church and then my mom came and helped. What a huge blessing. Meals are the best help for a new mom. It was such a gift of time and servanthood.
Derek went to the doctor this week for his shots. He did great. He recovered nicely as well. He is over 12 pounds now. He didn't even pee on the scale this time!
I will write more later. Typing is not so easy one-handed. Feeding Derek and typing is quite interesting!
1 comment:
Thank you so much for sharing your blog with me Jen. Derek is SOOO cute. All babies are cute in some ways, but he is cute in all ways :) It's funny because I was going through our hospital stuff last night (yeah, it has been 7 weeks, but I've been a little busy of course) and found the mom's group pamphlet. I was thinking of going this week to the Tuesday class at Meridian Park, so hopefully I will see you and Amanda there (& Derek & Claire). I loved reading all your old posts about having a newborn. I can relate 100% to everything, the total joy and yet total exhaustion all at once. Still, it is just the best. I can tell from your site that you think so too! Thanks again for being in touch, and I hope to see you Tuesday. Jessica (from childbirth class)
Post a Comment