Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Getting closer


Derek is getting closer to walking. Last night when Mike got home he walked behind Derek's walker to show him how to do it and told him to try it out. In previous tries he (Derek hah) has only taken two steps with it. Well last night he took off and went down the hallway by himself. Go Derek. He even figured out how to guide it away from the wall when he ran into it (he must get that from me... the running into the wall bit).

Well we voted.. by mail. Oregon is voting by mail only. As much as I like filling out the ballot in the comfort of my own living room, I miss the feeling of satisfaction when the machine beeps and says it has recorded your vote. Plus I really miss the sticker. On the plus side I did get my free coffee at Starbucks for voting. Too bad there is not a Krispy Kreme very close for the free donut. I am really really bummed that Kopps is 2000 miles away... I really would like a custard!

I realized the significance of the opportunity to vote when a friend of ours was over for lunch a few weeks ago. He is from Vietnam. You are required to vote in Vietnam- it is closely regulated. Unfortunately, your vote doesn't matter as they are a communist nation. So you must vote but the decision has already been made (and everyone knows it). Nice.

1 comment:

vidaydignidad said...

Your blog is very nicee :)