Monday, December 22, 2008

The Arctic Blast Continues



We now have about 16 inches of snow on the ground and 4 more are expected for today. We are breaking Portland records. These pics are from yesterday. It snowed, then we had about an inch of ice on top of that, and now more snow on top. We have been enjoying family time while snowed in. We have been enjoying playing with Derek and chasing the doggies around the house. Today Mike went to work. One of the blessings and curses is that work is only 1 mile away. He had to help someone stuck in the snow on the way in which happened to be a co-worker. Even with chains, it is slow-going in his SUV.

I am not sure when Derek and I will leave the house. I am hoping that someone will get to go to the grocery store or we may have nachos for Christmas dinner! I am glad I bought the supplies for Derek's birthday cake already. All in all, we are enjoying the snow!

1 comment:

Jill Phillips said...

No way! I'm jealous. We have snow, but mostly ice. I hope the Christmas nachos are tasty!