The boys had a great night. They keep improving their breathing which is very encouraging. Their jaundice levels dropped enough to be done with the lights. It was so refreshing to go last night and this morning and have them breathe without needing intervention. It hurts your heart to watch them need a physical touch to remember to breathe. I take breathing for granted- now I see the miracle each breath is. Their feeding schedule has been more sporadic. Their undeveloped systems are having problems receiving milk. This may take a few more days to keep working on.
Derek is a riot. We may not share as many Derek stories but he is funny. He has been "cooking" up a storm lately and singing a ton. He will have a great afternoon once his buddy Linnea gets here. He has been missing her since Sunday!
Happy Thanksgiving. There is always so much I have to be thankful for.
1 comment:
Hi Jen and Mike, it's Kaiah (Imaya's sister),
You and your boys are and have been in my prayers. I was just reading your blog and became so emotional I started praying right then. You are such special people in my sister's life and I am grateful for your amazing presence.
My love is with you and your family.
Post a Comment