Thursday, August 12, 2010

The injury and the empathy

Mike and Derek have a nightly ritual of hide and go seek meets tag meets the WWF (or WWE or whatever it is called now). They run, scream, and laugh hysterically. Well Monday had a hitch. MIke was running, looked back for D, and kicked the door. On the way down, he hit his arm on the door knob. Apparently he barely missed the dresser with his head (which would have included a trip to the ER according to Mike). Well the situation called for an ice pack. D needed an ice pack too to be like Daddy which I am sure is just empathy in disguise (ha). D couldn't quite reach the floor so a solution was created. How adorable do they look with matching "injuries." Unfortunately for Mike, in the process of getting on and off the couch repeatedly D kept stepping on Mike's bad foot.

I couldn't stop laughing throughout the whole thing. I felt bad that Mike really was hurt and has a nasty looking toe to prove it, but the whole thing was hysterical (D must get his empathy from me ha).

No comments: