Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Daddy-- up please







Derek is way too smart. He has learned how to get what he wants. So he usually sits in his highchair while we eat so he can be part of the action. I guess this is just not enough. Now he gets a little fussy. Next he will put his arms up. Daddy- now called sucker- thinks it is adorable. He always says, "oh do you want me to hold you?" Mike then picks Derek up. Every time, Derek just looks at me and smiles. It is as if he is saying, "Daddy is a sucker and this works every time." Of course, while I take a photo of this happening, Derek stops smiling. Mike is now very good at eating one-handed. We will just keep telling him that Derek just loves Daddy so much that he wants to be right by him. This is true.. as is Mike being a sucker.

In other news, we wanted to enjoy the nice night. So after Derek went to bed, Mike and I went outside to play cards at the patio table. We took the doggies (and the monitor) with us. I decided to be gracious and let Lucky off her leash so she could roam around more. She enjoyed this immensely. When we tried to get her to come in, she engaged in a game of chase with me.. and then Mike as well. Lucky has now lost all off-lease privileges... the little demon. MIke is now threatening to sell her to the circus when they come.. because that is where bad doggies go.

3 comments:

AL said...

Hey, if nothing else, you could bring Lucky back to WI when you come with Derek. I mean travelling with a demon dog and a 6 month old probably would not be that challenging. Besides, you love that little demon dog.

Katy said...

I hope that you do not use the same methods of freedom and discipline as well as name calling with your son.

Heartbreaking.

Christensen 5 said...

So Katy, I shouldn't offer to sell Derek to the circus? What tactic should I use? name callling? We do call him stinky pete and honey bear. I guess it is a good thing we are taking a parenting class at church. Thanks for making me laugh!!