On Friday, the dogs were barking out the window- a normal event. What was unusual was what they were barking at. There was a raccoon in our tree in the middle of the day. The dogs were quite upset and Derek was amused watching them. We of course had to snap a ton of pictures. When I wanted to leave to go on a walk, I was able to get him to leave the tree. He then climbed up our pine tree on the other side of the driveway. Craziness. Derek and I left anyways to walk to the grocery store and to the library which was a fun 3 mile walk. We even saw the raccoon the next day across the street.
Mother's Day was wonderful. We went on a hike at a nearby state park after church. It was beautiful, fun for all of us (including the dogs), and free! Nature, family, and fun all in one. I felt like a true Oregonian in the park, my child in a carrier, and with animals. Now we just need to take the dogs to Home Depot to complete it. Thanks God for the blessing of being a mom.
1 comment:
OK, so the raccoon in the tree is cool ... but the really amazing thing is that it looks like your baby is standing up looking out the window??!!! He looks so adorable standing there. You've got to do something about him growing up so fast, though!!!
Post a Comment