Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I miss my Daddy


After a wonderful weekend, Monday came :( We had to take Mike to the airport. He is only gone until Saturday which is great for us. It will be hard on Mike as it is a 5 day trip to Germany. We miss him already. Not even a stop at IKEA on the way home lightened the mood. Mike was supposed to leave last week (right after Derek and I got back from WI). Even though it is hard he had to go, the extra week in between trips was good.

I think Derek was looking for Mike this morning. He kept staring at Mike's pillow and then looking at me perplexed. Derek misses his Daddy. Mommy is fine but he needs his rocket ship rides and snuggles from Daddy. He is currently expressing his sadness by screaming- a very high pitched scream. He is not crying just screaming. It is kind of funny.

Only 4 more nights until Daddy get home. Please pray for Mike's safety, good sleep, and guidance at work. Please pray for Derek and I as well as we are sad.

1 comment:

Jill Phillips said...

Pulling the heart strings here! Hope your week goes fast. Love ya, Jilly