Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I love to read (and eat) books!



I think I am going to be a voracious reader like my mommy. Today I was looking at my book and turning the pages. I like my book. But then I get bored and I try to eat it. It feels nice on my gums. Mommy only lets me eat the books she can wash. She washes everything I put into my mouth. Crazy mommy.

Actually mommy wanted to show a picture of me sitting. I have been sitting for longer periods lately. She took her hands away just long enough to turn on the camera. Before she could get a picture, I fell over and bumped my head on the ottoman. Mommy felt so bad. She picked me up and snuggled me. I didn't even cry. Silly mommy. I love to smile and laugh at her but then she puts that huge black camera in front of her face. I can't see her face then and so I stop smiling.

I have been napping a lot today. I have growing lots too. I am growing out of clothes quite quickly.

Less than a month and I get to see Grandma, Grandpa, and Auntie Al. Yipee!! I am a bit scared of the big plane ride but then the fun starts!!

2 comments:

Jill Phillips said...

So, Derek, does your mommy eat the books too?

Jessica Jordan said...

The other day my mommy accidentally bumped my foot into something sticking out of daddy's tools in the garage. It only made a little scratch, but you better believe that I let her have it! I screamed and screamed ... well only for a few moments until I laughed, but I made sure she felt super guilty. Derek, you have to train these mommies early. Next time, scream at the top of your lungs and make mommy feel even worse ... then when you are really old, like 4, you can say "but mommy remember when you scratched my foot in the garage?" Then she will buy you ice cream. At least, I'm hoping that will work. You're welcome for the great advice. ~ Baby Tyler
PS: What's ice cream? What's an ottoman?