Monday, July 28, 2008

Fun Weekend



We had a fun weekend. Mommy made me sweet potatoes. I think I like them but I am not sure. It was fun to eat outside though I like staring at the trees. Then Mommy set up my tent outside and I played in it. Mommy knows I don't like the sun and she thought I would like the tent. Actually Mommy had a play tent growing up and she loved it. I think it is lots of fun.

On Saturday we took the doggies on a long walk. That night we went to the drive-in. I surprised Mommy and Daddy by staying up and watching part of Wall-e. I finally fell asleep. Because I fell asleep so late I really slept in. Mommy and Daddy brought me in to their bed in the morning at 7 and I slept until 9:15. Mommy slept that long too and so we almost missed church. Daddy was already at church helping out and he didn't think we would make it either. After singing, Mommy took me to the nursery with the other kids. I had so much fun. I played the whole time and was still happy when Mommy picked me up. Yeah for me! I think I will try it again next week.

Well I am playing in my crib as Mommy types this for me. I want her to play with me now so she needs to go.

1 comment:

Jill Phillips said...

Derek, you dictated a great blog post and truly have a fine secretary. You're also blessed to have such a fun Mommy! I'm proud of you for going to the nursery on Sunday ... you are getting big!