Saturday, October 11, 2008

The zoo



This afternoon Derek and I joined Kati and her son Will for an outing at the zoo. It was great to walk around and enjoy an incredible fall day. We saw the adorable baby elephant, penguins, and the giraffe. I am pretty sure I enjoyed the animals more than Derek did, but he enjoyed people watching.

It was a nice distraction as Mike left for Taiwan this morning. Mike was supposed to leave yesterday but got bumped off the flight until today. We went back to the airport to pick him up and enjoyed a great evening of Mexican food and gelato for dessert. It was great to have him for one extra day. It will be a short trip as Mike gets home on Thursday morning. We miss him already.

1 comment:

Sisters of Stone said...

I can't believe how big Derek is! Before you know it he'll be walking and chasing girls... :o)

Jenny